If you suffer from erection troubles appear periodically, there is no serious need to concern. If erectile dysfunction is a constant problem, it can cause stress, decrease your self-confidence and become the reason of difficult relationship. Troubles with achieving or maintaining an erection are usually an indication of worsening of the health state, such as the risks of developing heart diseases.
If you suspect you might have erectile dysfunction, feel free to consult to your therapist. Sometimes, the treatment aimed at improving general health is enough to combat this disease. However, in more serious cases, you may need medications that you can find and buy on our website singaporemedic.net.
ED main symptoms.
The most usual symptoms of this disease are:
- Problems in getting and saving erection.
- Decreased libido.
When do you have to visit a doctor?
If you consider you might have problems with, you have to start with visiting your therapist. Consult your doctor if you observe the symptoms below:
- You are worried about your erection or have other sexual issues, including premature ejaculation (too early) or delayed (too late) ejaculation.
- You are sick with diabetes, heart disease or other disease that can be relating to erectile dysfunction.
- You’re experiencing different other symptoms apart from erectile dysfunction.
Reasons for erectile dysfunction.
Sexual excitation is a complicated process which affects the work of your whole body. Erectile dysfunction can be caused by any health problems. Mental problems can also be the reason or aggravate erectile dysfunction. Moreover, a combination of physical and emotional states is the main cause of developing erectile dysfunction.
Physical reasons for erectile dysfunction
Usually, erectile dysfunction is provoked by some physical disorders, the most common of which are:
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis).
- High cholesterol.
- High blood pressure.
- Metabolic syndrome — a group of dangerous factors including hypertension, high blood sugar and cholesterol, and abdominal fat.
- Disseminated sclerosis.
- Peyronie's disease (the kind of ED, causing a bend in the penis, which makes an erection painful).
- Some prescription medicines.
- Alcohol and drug abuse.
- Sleep disturbance.
- The treatment of prostate cancer or prostate disorders.
- Pelvic or spinal cord fractures.
Psychological reasons for erectile dysfunction.
The brain plays an important role in calling the achieving an erection. There are many mental factors able to affect erectile dysfunction, such as:
- Depressive state or anxiety.
- Exposure to stress.
- Problems in relationships.
Over the years, to have hard an erection may take more time, and it may not be as firm and stable as before. You may seek for better stimulation of your penis to get and keep an erection.
The factors which can cause ED may be as follows:
- Diabetes or cardiovascular disease.
- Smoking (as it prevents blood flow to vessels, which may be the reason of the development of chronic illnesses, including erectile dysfunction).
- Prostate operation or radiotherapy for cancer.
- Injuries of nerves or arteries that affect erections.
- Intake of such drugs as: antidepressants, antihistamines and medication for hypertension or prostate.
- Psychological conditions: stress situations, anxiety or depressive state.
- Drug and alcohol abuse.
- Long bicycling (as it can pinch nerves and prevent blood flow to the sexual organ, which leads to erectile dysfunction).